April 1st, 2020 | Entry Fee $5.00 USD
$500.00 | Script Development
Cinematographer Neill Bachand is looking to connect with writers to produce short films throughout the year. The concept is to push screenplays into production and promote everyone involved.
The guidelines are simple. Submissions should be limited to 5 minutes in length.
1st Place is awarded $ 500.00 and Script Development.
2nd Place is awarded $ 50.00 and an Honorable Mention.
3rd Place is awarded $ 25.00 and an Honorable Mention.
April 1st 2020
All entrants may request a phone call with Bachand Productions to answer any industry related questions or the contest process.
Each entry is $5.00 USD.
This form will be locked until payment is made.
1. ELIGIBILITY The 2020 Competitions (the “Promotion”) are open to writers worldwide who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Bachand Productions, LLC or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and Bachand Productions, LLC’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Prize (as defined below in Section 8) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a contest (the “Contest”).
2. SPONSOR The Promotion is sponsored by Bachand Productions, LLC, an Arizona limited liability company, with a principal place of business at: 9202 N. 29th St. Phoenix, AZ 85028 (the “Sponsor,” “Bachand Productions,” “we” or “us”).
3. TIMING The Promotion begins on January 1st, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on October 5th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER/ENTRY FEE Remittance of the Entry Fee, the amount stated on the Promotion website, to Sponsor during the Promotion Period, together with your completed Registration Form and short script (the “Short”) entitles you to participate in the Promotion and shall constitute your entry (“Entry”) in the Promotion. Any form of entry other than that described herein is void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations or entries, which will be disqualified. All electronic Entries are destroyed or deleted after the conclusion of the contest for privacy purposes.
5. ENTRY As part of each Entry, you may submit one (1) Short Script for evaluation and consideration for the Prizes (as defined in Section 8 below) by the Sponsor or its designee. The Short Script must be your original creative work, and you hereby warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest in and to the Short Script and/or have obtained prior written authorization or license to submit the Short Script from any and all third party rights holders therein. You are prohibited from submitting any Short Script that has previously been produced at the time of entry, and you warrant and represent that the Short Script has never been produced by anyone at any time at the time of entry.
6. WINNERS SELECTION On the dates set forth below, Sponsor or an independent judge or judges selected by Sponsor will select two (2) Entries for the Prizes described below in Section 8, which will include one (1) Winner and one (1) Runner-up based upon the level of creativity, originality, entertainment value, writing skill, and marketability of the Short Script, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor or such independent judge(s), as applicable. Inquiries concerning Entries will not be accepted. Each Winner and Runner-up will be contacted using the email addresses and/or telephone numbers provided on the corresponding Registration Forms and may be awarded the Prizes (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Rules.) Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Each Winner and Runner-up will be notified within approximately seven (7) days after the announcement. Failure to respond to the initial verification notification within fourteen (14) days or return of notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
7. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS Each Winner and Runner-up must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If a Winner or Runner-up of any Prize cannot be contacted or if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Winner or Runner-up forfeits the Prize. In the event that a potential Winner or Runner-up of a Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate contestant from among all remaining eligible Entries.
8. PRIZES For all Prizes: see website for current prize details. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Within ten (10) days after of receiving each Winner’s or Runner-up’s affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, Sponsor will mail prize(s) via USPS to the address provided therein, or follow up and satisfy via e-mail if such Prize constitutes a payment or service. Winners and Runners-up are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
9. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest and Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the Short Script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of Prize.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES You hereby warrant and represent the following: • You are the exclusive owner and sole author of the Short Script, or one of the owners and authors if co-written, such that the Short Script is your original creative work and your submission thereof will not infringe, misappropriate, or violate the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; and/or you have obtained prior written authorization to act on behalf of any co-creators of the Short Script; • Neither your execution of this agreement nor your participation of in the Promotion, including your submission of the Short Script, will conflict with or violate any term or condition of any other agreement to which you are a party, including but not limited to any union or guild regulation; • There are no threatened, pending or current claims, actions or lawsuits in connection with the Short Script and you agree to notify Pipeline Media Group immediately upon your notification of any such claims, actions or suits; • You are submitting the Short Script voluntarily on a non-confidential basis; • You are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and • You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement, and you agree to abide and be bound the terms and conditions herein.
12. CHOICE OF LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION This agreement shall be deemed to have been entered into and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona as applied to contracts made and to be performed entirely within Arizona, without giving effect to the state’s conflicts of law statute. Any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of or related to the agreement or your participation in the Promotion shall be settled by an arbitrator, within in the Maricopa County, State of Arizona, subject to the rules and regulations of the American Arbitration Association then in effect, except that such arbitration shall be handled by a single arbitrator selected in accordance with such rules and regulations. The arbitrator shall be well acquainted with the entertainment business in the Maricopa County, and the arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding. Each party to any arbitration shall bear its own costs, including attorney’s fees. Failure to appear at any arbitration hearing entitles the arbitrator to proceed ex parte.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS By accepting your Entry, including your submission of the Short Script, we in no way grant you any additional rights therein or otherwise expand the scope of your rights under applicable copyright laws. You are solely responsible for protecting your rights in the Entry, including without limitation, for filing or registering the Short Script with the United States Copyright Office. You acknowledge and agree that Bachand Productions and/or any participating judges may be independently accessing or currently developing separate creative concepts and/or works which may resemble the Entry, or may be accessing or incorporating concepts, themes, formats, plot lines, or characters similar to those in the Entry, and that you are not entitled to any compensation and have no rights of any kind with regards to that separate material. However, you retain all rights to the Entry itself and any other creative materials submitted to Bachand Productions.
14. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS The relationship between you and Bachand Productions is one of independent contractors. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, or to represent the other party as agent, employee, or in any other capacity, except as specifically provided herein
15. GENERAL CONDITIONS Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
18. COMPETITION RESULTS For Competition results, visit the website on or before December 1st, 2020 or email the contest directly. Competition results are posted publicly on the respective contest website page. Winners will also be made public and permanently posted to the Promotion website.